Technology has come a long way in the last few years and every year it seems to evolve at a quicker pace. Security systems are part of this rapid evolution and having experienced this change first hand, I can say this will continue into the future.
Alarm systems used to be a simple device that would make a heck of a noise in the hope that it would deter any would be intruders; today alarm systems have become fully integrated home safety systems. Emergency service response via panic buttons on the alarm systems code pad and speaking to an actual person to make sure everything is ok, is just scratching the surface of what’s currently available.
Having grown up with security conscious parents we always had an active routine of if we should leave the home, remember to arm the alarm. My parents currently have a 15 year old Hills alarm system which still works brilliantly, however it has had one small addition in recent months and that is the addition of a wireless monitoring module.
Who would have thought such a small and low cost upgrade would have had such an amazing impact on the security, ongoing cost and useability of the system. It has basically brought the alarm into line with current systems sold today.
Having wireless monitoring provides many benefits.
Remote arming and disarming via your smart phone.
- Never experience that sinking feeling again, when you are travelling to work and the realisation of not arming your alarm kicks in. No worries just pull out your smart phone, check the armed status of your alarm and if you did forget simply arm your system with the touch of a button.
Receive SMS and email alerts when the alarm is armed and disarmed
- Not sure when the cleaners arrived during the day? Wondering when the kids came home from school?
- Never miss a trick. Receive free real time SMS or email alerts every time your alarm system is armed or disarmed.
- Should the cleaners leave your home without turning on your alarm; simply arm the system with your smart phone.
Self-testing every 12 hours.
- The monitoring centre will receive test signals from the alarm system twice a day to make sure your alarms wireless monitoring module is operational. Should something go wrong you’ll be notified as soon as we miss a signal, which provides you complete peace of mind.
Much more secure
- Wireless monitoring is more secure than traditional phone line monitoring as the service runs via the Telstra 3G mobile data network.Put simply, there is no phone line for the crooks to cut.
- With the National Broadband Network rollout occurring nationwide phone lines are being disconnected every day. As wireless monitoring doesn’t rely on a phone line this means it is 100% compatible with the NBN.
No telecommunication costs
- Unlike traditional phone line monitoring that uses a local call (20c) for every signal sent to the monitoring centre.Wireless monitoring uses the data network that is inclusive of your monthly investment.
- No hidden costs means no nasty surprise bills in the mail from your telco provider. Isn’t it great not having to prepare for the unexpected.
- If you are keeping a phone line purely for the alarm system we have good news. This can now be cancelled to save you even more money (Approx. $50 per month).
And if that’s not enough to convince you to go wireless, it’s extremely easy to operate and they say proof is in the pudding. My parents are part of the baby boomer era, technology is sometimes a hard concept to grasp. It literally took me less than a minute to show them how to use the app.
They say don’t throw out the baby with the bathwater and by adding the wireless monitoring module you can bring your old alarm system a new lease of life.
Hamish May – Electronic Security Monitoring Specialist
If you would like to speak with a security specialist to upgrade to our wireless monitoring, don’t hesitate to contact our friendly knowledgeable team on 1300 73 83 93.
If you would like some additional information about home safety tips or wish to keep up to date with us, please subscribe to our newsletter below.